superbarista

blog from the ceo & superbarista of phoenix coffee, home of the best baristas in cleveland, ohio

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Guess what, baristi? It's YOUR turn to be famous...

Breaking news is that Sarah Allen from Barista magazine emailed me that she is interested in doing a story on our Espresso Olympics! I bet you didn't even know that there was a magazine just for you, did you? Well, neither did I! Here's the link:
www.baristamagazine.com
It looks like a great publication and I can't wait to get my sample edition. I think I will give away subscriptions to this as prizes for our next Espresso Olympics. We need to keep coming up with new events for the Olympics, too. So give me ideas. Please.

Speaking of ideas, Mike Hoffman and Lindsey came up with some great new titles. Here we go:
  • Livin' la vida mocha
  • Hasta la vista barista
  • Tamp Dancer
  • Lattes are for lovers

I know he had some others but those are the ones I remember right now. Carl decided the idea of "once you go black you can't go back" is too offensive; I didn't realize it was a Jim Crow reference. It does apply nicely to coffee, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home