superbarista

blog from the ceo & superbarista of phoenix coffee, home of the best baristas in cleveland, ohio

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Coffee Culture is Inextricably tied to Economic Development

I know this is true. You know this is true. But I need more than anecdotal evidence to prove it. I need facts. I need data. What would be a convincing statistic? The number of independent coffee houses a metropolitan area has, as compared to its year-on-year economic growth increase? Maybe this goes back to defining coffee culture. Does anyone know Richard Florida? Isn't this something he should be studying? Maybe I should call him...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Eastman said...

Perhaps you could recruit some Weatherhead School grad students to do some studies. :-)

12:13 AM, November 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know how the study would fare. The outcome would be something to look forward to especially by coffee lovers.

5:04 AM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home