superbarista

blog from the ceo & superbarista of phoenix coffee, home of the best baristas in cleveland, ohio

Thursday, November 02, 2006

New! Lower roast temp on the El Salvador!

We got more body out of our El Salvador by lowering the roast temperature today. It's new roast index is 75 as compared to the 86 where it was before. Now you taste the coffee more than the roast. I had been warned by Ricardo Espitia and Geoff Watts (at their SCAA seminar) to roast it lightly, especially if it contained Pacamara beans, but sometimes we are stubborn. Apparently, even though this is a Bourbon, the lighter roast allows the body to come out more. I was amazed at the creamy texture of this coffee. I think it will get the honor of coming with me and my French press as I travel this weekend.
Body rating: 3.5 out of 5
Acidity rating: 2.5 out of 5
Aroma rating 2 out of 5

Buy a pound here:

http://www.phoenixcoffee.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=42&cat=Rainforest+Alliance+Coffee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home