superbarista

blog from the ceo & superbarista of phoenix coffee, home of the best baristas in cleveland, ohio

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Essence of parenting

Last night, my two daughters and I were watching "Mission Organization" on HGTV, which is a show about re-organizing a problem area in a home with spectacular results. Charlotte and Veronica were quite impressed with the transformation that this particular professional organizer had brought about in this family's home office. After seeing the effects of turquoise walls, new built-in cabinets and multi-colored organizational boxes neatly arranged on the new shelves Charlotte (aged 8) enthusiastically offered "WOW! I wish I had a Mom like that!" After a moment's pause, while I silently digested my daughter's enthusiasm, Veronica (aged 7) added sympathetically, "Or like you, Mom," and even reached over and patted my knee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home