superbarista

blog from the ceo & superbarista of phoenix coffee, home of the best baristas in cleveland, ohio

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Letter from a superbarista wannabe!

I met Sarah Wilson-Jones last year and my world changed forever. Then, I was a writer struggling with the publication of her first book, the mother of two, and (although a lover of espresso) I made coffee on a stove-top Moka and thought I was was making real espresso. I was utterly ignorant of the nuances of great espresso! I didn't have a clue as to what I was missing! I was desperately in need of guidance.

When we met through a mutual friend, I knew right away there was something special about Carl and Sarah, the owners of Phoenix Coffee. First of all, they had brought their espresso machine with them to the cabin we were all sharing in the Adirondacks. They made my husband and I espresso and we talked late into the night and it seemed, well, pretty perfect.

Since then, my book has been published (it's called "Falling Through the Earth: A Memoir") and I 've begun a quest to understand the richness of Carl and Sarah's lives through the pursuit of their shared passion: coffee. I will be contributing to this blog as a 'sub' superbarista, or superbarista in the making ( I have a feeling that becoming a REAL superbarista takes years and years!). I'll keep you up to date on all my adventures in the world of espresso.

Next week Sarah and I are off to Switzerland, for the World Barista Championships! We'll send back photos from the event and watch the US Barista Champion, Matt Riddle, do his stuff.

If you'd like to tell me about when you realized that you were missing out on great coffee, and decided to change your life, please leave a comment or contact me through my webpage (link below).

XOXO
Danielle
www.danielletrussoni.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home