superbarista

blog from the ceo & superbarista of phoenix coffee, home of the best baristas in cleveland, ohio

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kattia and the Superior Ave Cafe Crew


Here is a picture of Kattia Barrantes, who has been staying with us for the past four weeks, and the crew from our Superior Avenue cafe. Kattia (the tallest one in black in the back row) is a coffee farmer from Costa Rica. She is here as part one of a coffee farmer/barista exchange that was initiated by one of our baristas. I am so proud of these ladies; they do a great job running this cafe. Tina (red head, front row) has been with us for over four years. Theresa (back row in the hat) pulls a mean shot of espresso and is one of our most dedicated coffee fanatics and Kim (front row, arm tattoo) is our newest managerial addition and is a dynamo.
The barista/farmer exchange has been a great learning experience thus far. Kattia will be presenting a slide show about her farm in a couple of weeks at C Space. I will certainly post the date and time as we get closer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One person you might not have noticed is Jocelyn, squished between Rene and Kattia- she often doesn't show up on film cause she's really a vampire!

1:29 PM, September 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Superior gang! I miss you.

Grrrreat idea Renee!


Rolf

10:15 PM, October 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used the picture of me checking out Kattia????? I was looking at something in the kitchen, but it doesn't look as such. I think I'm going to start a blog about training, shots, tampers, and other such geekery, so I'm checking out other blogs like yours before I make mine. - rza

1:51 PM, February 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home